uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When the CPE is killed, its remote processors are not killed.
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 18:49:40 GMT
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Muon Le <muon.le@temis.com> wrote:
> I start a CPE which contains local processors and remote processors.
>
> When I kill the CPE, all of local processors are immediately killed but
> remote processors are still processing and will be killed after
> processing the last CAS document.
The remote processor must be a managed processor running on the same
node as the CPM, correct? The CPM has no life cycle management for
processes running on other nodes.

> And, the cpe.isProcessing() returns false just after calling cpe.kill().
The CPM is a container for user analytics. If an annotator is in the process
or collectionProcessComplete methods, the CPM cannot kill those threads
but must wait for them to return.

> Do you know how to force the CPE to stop and stop all of its components
> without processing the current documents ?

kill -9 the processes?