uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improve the performance of multiplier as high as possible in the version 2.2.2 of UIMAAS
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 18:41:39 GMT
First of all, version 2.2.2 does not reliably support scaled out remote
CasMultipliers, but the current version 2.3.0 does. Please move to
the new version.

>  I dont't konw the relationship between CASpool and casMultiplier poolSize.
> The tutorial says,the actual CAS pool size is the value in the deployment
> descriptor, plus the value in custom CM code, minus 1.That assumes there is 1
> instance.What about 5 instances?
I don't believe any adjustment is made for the number of CM instances.
As of now the user will have to calculate the right size to set the CasPool.

Also note that an aggregate with a remote CasMultiplier delegate requires
configuration of a "ShadowCasPool". The shadow CasPool size is the number
that will be distributed by the aggregate.

If you would share the block diagram of your intended configuration, either
on this list or privately, we would be in a better position to help.

Eddie