uima-user mailing list archives

From Adam Lally <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: UIMA stops suddenly
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 17:58:13 GMT
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Eddie Epstein <eaepstein@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is possible that the user's annotator code is hanging. Either add
> code to trace the annotator entry and exit, or turn on UIMA logging at
> level FINE to see what the last thing being done is.
>
> Eddie
>
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Radwen Aniba <aradwen@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi everybodey,
> >
> > I developped an application using UIMA and while running it on a big set
> of
> > documents which takes some time to process, UIMA suddenly stops without
> any
> > error message or warning
> >
> > Is there anything I can do to know where the problem occur ?
> >
> > Thanks for help
> >
> > Rad
> >
> > --

There's a convenient utility called jstack that comes with Java that lets
you examine the stack track of any running process. See
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/share/jstack.html

By looking at the stack traces you should be able to tell if any of them are
hung inside annotator code.

 -Adam