uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to connect to UIMA SOAP interface using NON-Java Application.
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 13:42:09 GMT
The SOAP interface to UIMA services is quite complicated and not
suited for what you want. The request includes the full CAS definition
as well as the CAS request, both using Java-specific binary
serialization.

The simplest service request format is for a UIMA AS service, which
uses JMS and an XMI format. There are C++ APIs to JMS (see the UIMA
C++ code for an example) and it is possible to create a non-UIMA
client to make valid service requests and parse the responses.

There are C++ interfaces to Vinci so it is also possible to create a
non-UIMA C++ client to a UIMA Vinci service using the older XCAS
format. There is much less expertise around to help with this
approach.

Eddie