uima-user mailing list archives

From Radwen Aniba <arad...@gmail.com>
Subject What about a search engine like
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 02:35:34 GMT
Hello everyone,

Well I have a question regarding uima usage.
Till now I used UIMA to annotate documents and that's cooleverything is
great.
Well but now I will probably need to parse lots and lots of scientific
articles and abstract to extract knowledge.
Example : let's say I have a document containing the word "Cancer" I would
like to parse available scientific papers related to Cancer and to attach
this information to the word cancer something like "related articles", and
doing that with relevance score depending on the word occurence in the
document for example.
It is like a search engine but for text.
Well I know that's feasable but I don't know where and how to start.
Shall I have all the article and scientific papers in a kind of database or
something like that ? or is there any special format that UIMA could use as
"literrature" database ?

Can someone help me figuring this out ?

Thanks a lot

Rad