uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: the performance of UIMA AS
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 18:29:09 GMT
The scaling parameters of CPM are the number of pipeline threads
and the number of CASes available to feed these threads. Normally
the number of CASes should be at least the number of pipelines
plus 2; one extra for the final CasConsumer thread and another one
for the CollectionReader thread. Additional CASes might be useful
if the CollectionReader is slow.

Is your CPM all running on the same computer, or using remote Vinci
services for some components?

Eddie