uima-user mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem configuring a UIMA component as a Vinci service.
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:28:30 GMT
Chuck, I think that the problem is with your setup. The errors that you see
occur during initialization of the CPE and have nothing to do with the CR.
Based on what you wrote (I think) you are deploying a managed Vinci service.
In such case, the CPE uses an internal VNS on port 9005. There is no need to
use an external VNS, unless you have a more complicated setup with unmanaged
Vinci services. Read section 2.5.1 (2.5.1. Deploying Managed CAS Processors)
of the Tutorial and User Guide for details if in fact you are trying to
deploy a managed service. There is an example how to setup a CPE descriptor
for that kind of deployment. Also when you start the CPE, check if your
service starts. Check the service log file if you continue having problems.

Regards, Jerry C