uima-user mailing list archives

From Kai Schlamp <schl...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: ResourceAccessException by using getResourceFilePath in Eclipse Plug-In
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2010 16:26:05 GMT
> Kai,
> Is your plugin a compressed jar (like com.myconpany.myplugin.jar) or a
> folder ?
> If the plugin is a jar and you try to read a file from the path, it might
> not work.

Thanks for the hint, Tong. I run it directly from the Eclipse IDE. The resource
file is in a resource folder. The resource folder is on the top level of the
Plug-In project and added to the classpath. So it is a folder (and not packaged
yet).

I am looking for a way to design my UIMA Analysis Engines so that they run as
part of Eclipse Plug-Ins (better to say as part of an Eclipse RCP application)
and with non Eclipse UIMA applications.
But those classpath things seems to make it quite hard when using external
resources.

Regards,
Kai