uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: uima-as
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 14:09:18 GMT
On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Richard Matthias Eckart de Castilho
<eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> I've played around with UIMA-AS recently and managed so far to locally deploy a component
and run it. Now, what would interest me is if the automatic deployment /undeployment of components
to remote machines is part of the scope of UIMA-AS. To me it seems not - which means that
whatever service I have need to be set up and basically being kept running indefinitely.

> Are you people using static UIMA-AS scenarios or dynamically deployed ones?

We are using two fairly lightweight methods for remote service
deployment. One is some custom code using ssh to launch scripts on
remote nodes. The other wraps UIMA-AS application clients and services
as servlets and uses a distributed application server platform to
manage them.

The servlet wrapper can be easily made based on the UIMA_Service
class. It is a little more complicated to automatically create a WAR
file from a UIMA Pear. Hopefully at some point we can clean up what we
have and add it to SVN.

Eddie