uima-user mailing list archives

From Rogan Creswick <cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PEAR Packaging Maven Plugin
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 05:44:47 GMT
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
>> 1. I tried to perform a mvn install in PearPackagingMavenPlugin source but
>> got the following error:
>>
>> java.lang.NullPointerException: The scm url cannot be null.

I've experienced that one.  If I remember correctly, it's actually a
red herring, and doesn't have anything to do with the scm url.  I'm
guessing (based on what parts of my local uimaj pom I have commented
out) that it's part of the Distribution Management configuration, but
I can't say for sure.

>> 2. After that I tried to use the compiled version, but I got another error:
>> [INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
>> 'org.apache.uima:PearPackagingMavenPlugin:2.2.2-incubating:package': Unable
>> to find the mojo
>> 'org.apache.uima:PearPackagingMavenPlugin:2.2.2-incubating:package' in the
>> plugin 'org.apache.uima:PearPackagingMavenPlugin'
>> org/apache/uima/pear/tools/PackageCreatorException

I've had this sort of thing happen because maven gets hungup somehow
after it's tried and failed to satisfy a dependency.  (I can't say
it's exactly the same... I'm running from memory.)  Something ends up
stuck in ~/.m2/repository that prevents subsequent queries from
working correctly.  Anyhow, try (manually) deleting the
PearPackagingMavenPlugin directory tree from your ~/.m2 directory and
try again.

--Rogan