uima-user mailing list archives

From Hansen Candrawinata <hansen.candrawin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception thrown when deploying CAS Processors in managed mode
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 05:14:59 GMT
Hi Jerry.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Hansen Candrawinata <
hansen.candrawinata@gmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect the "ByteArray" feature is the cause.  I will try do some
> tweaking to remove the "ByteArray" feature and see if that affects
> anything.  Will let you know.

Indeed!  That ByteArray is the cause of the problem.  If I don't populate
it, everything is working, I could see my CAS processors deployed in managed
mode get called.  But if I populate it, a XCASParsingException would be
thrown during the CAS object conversion.

Is this possibly a bug?  Or is it just me that is using it incorrectly?  I
am using the "ByteArray" to store the contents of a binary file read in by
the collection reader.  Here is how I do the conversion from byte[] to
ByteArray:

byte[] bytes = // read the contents of file into the array of bytes;
> ByteArray ba = new ByteArray(jcas, bytes.length);
> ba.copyFromArray(bytes, 0, 0, bytes.length);

Thanks,
Hansen

PS. Just to repeat what I have said before, if I deploy my CAS processors in
integrated mode, things are working fine, even if I populate the ByteArray.