uima-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Hansen Candrawinata <hansen.candrawin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception thrown when deploying CAS Processors in managed mode
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 04:39:23 GMT
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the reply.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uimaee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hansen, there is an example included in uima distribution that you should
> use as a reference. To run in, goto $UIMA_HOME/bin and run:
>
> runCPE
> ../examples/descriptors/
> collection_processing_engine/MeetingFinderCPE_Managed_Windows.xml
>

I could run the example just fine.  So something must be wrong with my
configuration, but I really have no idea what it is.

I did some debugging again to compare the trace of code execution between
the example and my application.  The difference seems to be in the
"org.apache.uima.collection.impl.CasConverter#casContainerToCasData(CAS
aContainer)" method.  This method throws an "XCASParsingException" for my
application (stack trace of which is available in my previous post).  So
nothing new here.

But this makes me suspect that something is not right with the way I set up
my CAS type.  Below is the XML descriptor for your information:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<typeSystemDescription xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">
  <name>Document</name>
  <description/>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <vendor/>
  <types>
    <typeDescription>
      <name>com.mycom.Document</name>
      <description/>
      <supertypeName>uima.tcas.Annotation</supertypeName>
      <features>
        <featureDescription>
          <name>uri</name>
          <description/>
          <rangeTypeName>uima.cas.String</rangeTypeName>
        </featureDescription>
        <featureDescription>
          <name>contents</name>
          <description/>
          <rangeTypeName>uima.cas.ByteArray</rangeTypeName>
        </featureDescription>
        <featureDescription>
          <name>successful</name>
          <description/>
          <rangeTypeName>uima.cas.Boolean</rangeTypeName>
        </featureDescription>
      </features>
    </typeDescription>
  </types>
</typeSystemDescription>

As you can see, I am using the "String", "ByteArray" and "Boolean"
features.  I suspect the "ByteArray" feature is the cause.  I will try do
some tweaking to remove the "ByteArray" feature and see if that affects
anything.  Will let you know.

Thanks,
Hansen

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message