uima-user mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: UIMA and version conflicts
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:35:43 GMT
Hi, please subscribe to the mailing list so we don't have to
moderate your messages.  Comments below.

On 12/16/2009 14:22, michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use UIMA to run multiple Analysis Engines over a single CAS in a Java application
(not web/ tomcat stuff).
> Each Analysis Engine descriptor will have been installed from its own pear file and may
have dependencies upon versions of jar files included in the pear that conflict with those
in other installed pears. I have been trying to do this using code similar to that in the
Run CPE GUI. But it seems to assume one Resource Manager must be shared between the Collection
Reader and each Analysis Engine. So I am stumped.

Why don't you just create an aggregate descriptor that
points at the various pear descriptors?

> 1) Can a single CAS have a different Resource Managers to define the classpaths for each
Analysis Engine that populates it?
> 2) If no, Would UIMA-AS be a solution?
> 3) Parameter overrides need to be able to be applied to the Analysis Engines before they
are run. Does this mean I cannot use UIMA-AS?

This is broken in 2.2.2, but fixed in the upcoming 2.3 code.