uima-user mailing list archives

From Prokopis Prokopidis <proko...@ilsp.gr>
Subject Re: Error on getMeta call to remote service
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:02:30 GMT
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Prokopis Prokopidis <prok...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If it's any help, when calling the service from the
> > machine on which it has been deployed, or when reversing
> > the service-client roles between the two machines,
> > everything works as in the README file.
>
> Hmmm, smells like a clock synchronization problem. In order to avoid
> undeliverable messages building up on a broker, timeout settings
> are used to create time-to-live properties in the JMS messages.
> ActiveMQ implements time-to-live based on the client and server
> machine clocks.
>
> Eddie

Thank you! Following your advice and after synchronizing the clocks on
both machines (via ntpd) I managed to call the service as expected.

Since I am no ActiveMQ expert, I'm now left wondering whether there is a
way to ensure that similar problems do not come up if a real-life
service is accessed by clients with unsynchronized clocks (on which
clients, of course,  I will not be able to synchronize the clock).

Is this an issue which can be resolved in the client or server side code
and in the example of the AS distribution as well? Should I create an
issue in JIRA?

Best,

Prokopis