uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Error when running documentAnalyzer.bat
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:02:26 GMT

Ben Ryan wrote:
> Marshall,
>
>   Thanks for that.
>
>   Two more questions if you don't mind.
>

>   1. The Class in the dict_annot_xml_types.jar do not appear to be in the source bundle.

I'm not an expert here (and didn't write this annotator), however, I
believe these classes are "generated" as part of the build process.  The
impl is using XBeans (http://xmlbeans.apache.org/) to generate a parser
for xml.
>   2. I have now got the DocAnalyzer working but there are no annotations appearing on
the output, does the DictionaryAnnotator have to be used with other UIMA components or is
it self-contained.

Here's a guess:  The document analyzer only shows outputs for types that
are declared to be outputs in the XML for the descriptor that is being
run.  Please check the descriptor you are using to see that it has
specified the output types & features.  You can easily set these using
the Eclipse plugin tool Component Descriptor Editor - use the panel
labeled "Capabilities".

-Marshall