uima-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Büscher <christoph.buesc...@neofonie.de>
Subject Problems with "deserializeCasFromXmi" after using C++ AS Annotator
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:53:54 GMT
Hi,

I currently encountered a problem with the XMI deserialization of a feature
structure after calling a remote C++ AS annotator from a CPE. The szenario is
the following:

1. I add a custom feature structure "DocumentData" containing an String Feature
(the document URL) to the CAS in my CPE. The exact URL causing the problem is:

documentURL="http://www.gesundheitsnachrichten.net/live/navigation/live.php?navigation_id=11&_psmand=1"

2. The CAS get's serialized to XMI before sending it to a remote C++ TAE. I
added a breakpoint to UimaSerializer.serializeCasToXmi() and get the following
part in the XMI string:

documentURL="http://www.gesundheitsnachrichten.net/live/navigation/live.php?navigation_id=11&amp;_psmand=1"

So here the "&" character seems to be excaped correctly.

3. When the document comes back, the same feature in the XMI string received in
UimaSerializer.deserializeCasFromXmi() reads:

documentURL="http://www.gesundheitsnachrichten.net/live/navigation/live.php?navigation_id=11&_psmand=1"

an now the SAXParser throws the following exception:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The reference to entity "_psmand" must end with
the ';' delimiter.
	at
org.apache.uima.aae.UimaSerializer.deserializeCasFromXmi(UimaSerializer.java:170)
	at ...

because the "&" comes back unescaped. I'm sure the C++ annotator in question
doesn't change the feature in question and it also correctly adds its own
annotations. I suspect there's something wrong in deserializing/serializing the
CAS from XMI and back on the C++ side of things.
Do you have any idea what might cause this problem or any suggestion where I can
start to further narrow down the problem?

The remote C++ AE is running with version "uimacpp-2.2.2-incubating".

--
--------------------------------
Christoph Büscher

neofonie