uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Implementing a Map as a custom feature for annotation
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 14:00:19 GMT
Hi Anton,

The UIMA CAS does not support storing Java Maps in the CAS.  Of course,
any individual annotator written in Java could use Java Maps, internally
within that annotator, as a Java object.  To put it into the CAS, you
would need to do some kind of "export" of it, into data structures the
CAS supports.

One reason for this is to support a wider inter-operability: so that the
CAS you might produce could be sent to another annotator that was
written in C++, for instance (which UIMA does support).

-Marshall