uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: PEAR Packaging Maven Plugin
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 05:25:56 GMT
Hi William,

William Colen wrote:
> Hi, Marshall,
>
> Thanks for pointing where to find the documentation. Now I could move a
> little bit more.
> Now I have other issues.
>
> 1. I tried to perform a mvn install in PearPackagingMavenPlugin source but
> got the following error:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException: The scm url cannot be null.

I've never seen that message.  I don't know what causes it...  A quick
web-search found this message with maven - 1 - but I presume you're
using the latest Maven or something close to that, right?

What source did you use (e.g., 2.2.2 source distribution, the current
SVN / trunk or tag?)?

>     at
> org.apache.maven.scm.manager.AbstractScmManager.makeScmRepository(AbstractScmManager.java:181)
>     at
> org.codehaus.mojo.build.CreateMojo.getScmRepository(CreateMojo.java:722)
>     at org.codehaus.mojo.build.CreateMojo.getScmBranch(CreateMojo.java:593)
>     at org.codehaus.mojo.build.CreateMojo.execute(CreateMojo.java:452)
>     at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
>     at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
>     at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
>     at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
>     at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
>     at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
>     at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
>     at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
>     at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
>     at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)
>     at
>     at
>     at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
>     at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>     at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
>     at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
>
> 2. After that I tried to use the compiled version, but I got another error:
> [INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
> 'org.apache.uima:PearPackagingMavenPlugin:2.2.2-incubating:package': Unable
> to find the mojo
> 'org.apache.uima:PearPackagingMavenPlugin:2.2.2-incubating:package' in the
> plugin 'org.apache.uima:PearPackagingMavenPlugin'
> org/apache/uima/pear/tools/PackageCreatorException

I've never seen this error, either...  Which compiled version did you
install?  Did you install it to your local maven repository?
Do you have your maven set up to search the apache incubator repository
(located at http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository) for
needed uima dependencies?
Sorry not to be more helpful...  -Marshall