uima-user mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Get annotation class from Type
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 15:51:23 GMT
On 12/1/2009 16:37, Fabien POULARD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Thilo Goetz<twgoetz@gmx.de>  wrote:
>> I'll debate this just for the sake of other people who
>> may be following this thread.  It seems much simpler
>> and less error prone to use the built-in UIMA CAS APIs
>> for this, as described here:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/references/references.html#ugr.ref.cas
>> And it'll be faster, too, without the JCas/Java reflection
>> detour.
>
> May you point to something more specific ? I've looked over the
> documentation and the API but I still did not find anything relevant
> for my problem (other than Java reflection).
>
> --
> Fabien Poulard

Sorry, but I still don't understand what your problem is.
This tells you how to read/write feature values in a
generic way.  If that's not what you need, this solution
is not for you.  If you must know the JCas type to use it
in Java Generics in some way, this does not help.

I was responding directly to Tommaso, since his example
did not seem very compelling to me.

--Thilo