uima-user mailing list archives

From Anton Shuster <brainia...@gmail.com>
Subject Usage of annotator "capabilities"
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:08:35 GMT
Hello all,

There is a capabilities section in the descriptor for an annotator where one
defines which annotations the annotator expects to find and which ones it
produces. However, despite how useful this information is, I can't seem to
find how it gets used (other than for documentation purposes).

In particular, I was wondering if there's some sort of verifier or something
that can (or does) check whether an that produces annotations of type A has
run before an annotator that expects annotations of type A. Also, it would
be useful if there was a flow controller that used the capability
information to call annotators in an order such that these dependencies are
satisfied (like in the case just mentioned).

Is there anything built into UIMA that uses this stuff?

Thanks!
--Anton