uima-user mailing list archives

From Anton Shuster <brainia...@gmail.com>
Subject Deserializing using an extended type system
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 21:29:24 GMT
Hello all,

I read in the documentation that, in general, you have to use the same
type system for serializing and deserializing. However, it seems that
this requirement is not exact. I was able to do the following:

1. set up a type system with type A containing feature A1, type B
containing feature B1, type C containing feature C1, and type D with
no features.
2. process a document with an annotator that creates annotations of
type A, B, and C.
3. serialize to a file
4. modify the type system by adding a feature A2 to type A.
5. deserialize from the file
6. continue processing the document with another annotator that
creates annotations of type D.

My question is, how flexible is deserializing with respect to modified
type systems? I can't seem to find any documentation on this. In
particular, I'm interested in the following cases:
- types are added
- types are removed
- features are added to some types
- features are removed from some types