uima-user mailing list archives

From Anton Shuster <brainia...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing a Map as a custom feature for annotation
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 00:55:58 GMT
Hello all,

I tried my best to search for an answer to this topic but came up
short. I'm creating an Annotation type and I want to give it a feature
that is a Map (a HashMap or any other implementation).

I looked through the documentation, but there is no information on
creating your own type such as this. All the documentation seems to
talk about is creating features which inherit the built-in types or
which inherit other features defined this way.

Please let me know what's the right way to go about this.

One usage scenario would be for annotating HTML tags. For example, an
HTML tag annotation could contain a label String and an attributes
Map. There are other scenarios as well, but this one is the most
obvious.

Thanks for any help,
--Anton