uima-user mailing list archives

From Adam Lally <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: InvalidXMLException when processing Eclipse-Plguin-generated AE Descriptor File
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:19:36 GMT
2009/9/10 Александър Димитров <aleks.dimitrov@googlemail.com>:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm getting this strange (and reproducible error) when trying to read in a AE
> descriptor through the CVD or otherwise:
>
> org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to create or change an object
in a way which is incorrect with regard to namespaces.

> (I'll attach the complete uima.log) The XML file has no obvious mistakes
> whatsoever and couldn't be simpler. So I'm left puzzled. I *think* one of my
> classpath dependencies is interfering with whatever loads and parses the XML
> descriptor (unfortunately, I'm relying on them…) Probably XOM is the culprit…
> Does any of this sound strange?
>
> xom, xmlParserAPIs, xercesImpl, icu4j, xalan, xml-apis, jaxen (1.1-beta-4),
> dom4j, jaxme-api, jdom. (These all get pulled in by maven if I add XOM)
>
> If I remove the XOM dependency (i.e. remove it & the transient deps from the
> classpath) everything works again as expected. The error is reproducible, i.e.
> when I re-load the XOM dependency, it fails again. Judging from the uima.log,
> it's probably xerces that interferes. The version I'm currently depending on is
> xercesImpl-2.6.2
>
> Any idea about further steps? Is this a bug in UIMA or one of the libs I pulled?

Looks the same as this issue which was also caused by adding certain
older XML parser jars to the classpath:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1334

I think this version of Xerces may have a bug in dealing with
namespaces that's been fixed in newer versions, but I'm not entirely
sure.

  -Adam