uima-user mailing list archives

From Frank Schilder <frank.schil...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject UIMA hangs on Solaris 5.8
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 18:29:29 GMT
Hi,

We encountered a problem with running an UIMA pipeline on Solaris 5.8. The
same pipeline runs fine under Windows, Mac OS X and Solaris 5.10.

After initializing all AEs, the pipeline just hangs when it tries to read in
the first file via a simple file CollectionReader. Debugging the code on
this Solaris machine is difficult, because eclipse is not installed there.

Has anybody experienced a similar behavior? We have investigated differences
in the encoding (UTF-8 vs. latin1), but we believe now that may not be the
issue.

Thanks,
Frank