uima-user mailing list archives

From Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ahmed.elma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Has anyone used JRuby for UIMA?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 21:20:35 GMT
Hi Thilo,
This looks very promising actually. Are you saying that I don't need JCasGen
to generate the type systems and I can do that as demonstrated in the
examples?

Here is what I am trying to get to run: In the uimaj-examples application,
folder ex1 there is a NumberAnnotator.xml that refers to TypeSytem
org.apache.uima.tutorial.Number. This assume that I have to generate this
type using JCasGen so when the NumberAnnotator AE is called it finds the
Number TypeSystem. In JRuby I don't have the luxury of using JCasGen to
generate the TypeSystems. If I can point the AE to a more generic built-in
system then I don't have to worry about the JCasGen process. This is what I
meant "bypassing" the generation process.

This is what I am trying to do. I am attaching a JRuby example so that you
have an idea what I am trying to do.
Thank you very much,
Ahmed

--