uima-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA AS: XXXCasMultiplier specifies a casMultipler element, but the analysisEngine is not a CAS multiplier
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:28:34 GMT
Marshall Schor wrote:
> Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>
>> *** ERROR: line-number: 21 deployment descriptor for analysisEngine:
>> XXXCasMultiplier specifies a casMultipler element, but the
>> analysisEngine is not a CAS multiplier
>>
>> Yes the casMultiplier element is specified for the AE in question, but
>> its also a Cas Multiplier. Which UIMA AS
>> later even prints out on the console:
>> 37 >>>>>> CAS Multiplier::XXXCasMultiplier Initializing its Cas
Pool

>> Whats going wrong here ?
>>

> This message comes from the dd2spring.xsl transformation (see line 1886
> in uima-as-distr/src/main/scripts/dd2spring.xsl).  It is issued when you
> have a casMultiplier element (which you do), but the referenced AE
> descriptor in the same position (in the case of nested aggregates,
> etc.),  fails this xsl test:
> <xsl:when
> test="(string($local_ae_descriptor/*/u:analysisEngineMetaData/u:operationalProperties/u:outputsNewCASes)
> eq 'true')
>                         or
> $local_ae_descriptor/u:collectionReaderDescription">
>
> where $local_ae_descriptor is the part of the referenced main descriptor
> corresponding to this part of the deployment descriptor.
> Basically, it's looking to see that you have in the AE's metadata
> "operationalProperties" element the outputsNewCASes set to true, or the
> AE is defined as a collectionReader
>
> Is this the case in your situation?  Can you post the part of the base
> UIMA Descriptor that specifies it's a CAS Multiplier?

The root element of the CAS Multiplier descriptor was still taeDescription
and not analysisEngineDescription. After changing that, the warning vanished
and the CAS pool size was set correct, which solved another issue I had.
When
the a cas mulitplier cas pool size is 1 the application cannot scale
even when the
global cas pool size is larger than 1.

Jörn