uima-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA hangs on Solaris 5.8
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:06:48 GMT
Frank Schilder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We encountered a problem with running an UIMA pipeline on Solaris 5.8. The
> same pipeline runs fine under Windows, Mac OS X and Solaris 5.10.
>
> After initializing all AEs, the pipeline just hangs when it tries to read in
> the first file via a simple file CollectionReader. Debugging the code on
> this Solaris machine is difficult, because eclipse is not installed there.

One option to debug AEs which are running on a server machine
is to use the java remote debugger. The jvm must be started with special
options to allow remote debugging, when thats done you can connect your
local eclipse debugger to the vm running on the server.

Here is an article which covers the topic:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-eclipse-javadebug/index.html

Jörn