uima-user mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Has anyone used JRuby for UIMA?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 07:59:12 GMT
Ahmed Abdeen Hamed wrote:
> Hello,
> We have a need in my team to use JRuby to access UIMA API's. However, due to
> the UIMA generated type systems, I am unable to use the API's. Is there a
> way that I can bypass the type system generation process and use more
> generic type that is part of the API's?
>
> Please let me know if you have any answers for me.
>
> Thanks!
> Ahmed

I think you're saying you can't use JCas for some reason, correct?  See
if this helps:
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/references/references.html#ugr.ref.cas.overview
This is Section 4.2 in the UIMA References.  Also see the example code
in section 4.4.2.  If this is not what you were looking for, please
give more details.

--Thilo