uima-user mailing list archives

From Kai Schlamp <schl...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to start the CAS Editor?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:27:46 GMT
Tong Fin wrote:
> I don't get your points why you need to build uimaj-ep-runtime plugin with
> maven since it is available and is READY to use as Eclipse plugin.
>
> Normally, users install these UIMA plug-ins in the same way as they install
> other Eclipse plug-ins and they can write any Eclipse plug-in that uses UIMA
> classes..
>
> Please let us know if there is any issue that you cannot do in this way and
> you have to build them with maven.

Hy Tong.

I wasn't aware of that it is part of the normal Eclipse plugin (which I already have installed).
I just followed that step to step guide of Jörn. And that said: Checkout the uimaj-ep-runtime

plugin, Add the uimaj-ep-runtime plugin. So I thought both would be the same.
But as I understand Thilo now, the whole UIMA 2.3 must be build from scratch to take a look
at the
CAS Editor.
I will look for the instructions on the UIMA site.

Regards,
Kai