uima-user mailing list archives

From Kai Schlamp <schl...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Reuse serialized XMI CAS in a dynamic application.
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:56:41 GMT
Hi Thilo,

> Re Tong's comments: it's odd that we have the same
> functionality twice, with different implementations.
> I have no idea how that came about.  However, looking
> at the source code, the alternative should have
> exactly the same problems.

Tong is right. "TypeSystemUtil.typeSystem2TypeSystemDescription(cas.getTypeSystem()).toXML;"

produces another XML type system then TypeSystem2Xml.
The creation of the CAS and the deserialization now works correctly with the type system from

TypeSystemUtil.
In my opinion TypeSystem2Xml is dispensable (if you want to avoid the duplication in a future
version).
For one TypeSystem2Xml is not even described in the current Javadocs, for another TypeSystemUtil
is
much more the way the UIMA framework works.

Nevertheless, here is a bug report for TypeSystem2Xml: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1388

Regards,
Kai