uima-user mailing list archives

From Kai Schlamp <schl...@gmx.de>
Subject Reuse serialized XMI CAS in a dynamic application.
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:46:14 GMT
Hi.

I store the serialized (XMI) CASes during my analysis process in a database to use them afterwards

for further evaluation.
The problem is that later I don't have a CAS available for deserialization. Another problem
is that
my application is highly dynamic, analysis engines come and go. It is not guaranteed that
an
analysis engine (and the type system of it) is still there, when the XMI-CAS should be later

deserialized. So it's not that easy to generate a new CAS that is compatible to the serialized
CAS.
A solution I can think of is to store the type system together with the serialized CAS. That
way a
new CAS could be generated later from scratch with the help of the also stored type system
(by using
CASFactory.createCAS(typeSystem).getCAS()).

Here are my questions ;-)
What are my options to serialize and deserialize a type system?
Can I convert a TypeSystem to TypeSystemDescription (then serialization would be easy)?
Any suggestions for solving the whole problem in another way?

Best regards,
Kai