uima-user mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PEAR support in UIMA AS ?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:32:00 GMT
Jorn, there is no direct support in uima-as for pears. Uima AS takes a
deployment descriptor that points to external files (Analysis Descriptors)
and deploys the components contained therein. Classpath must be modified
manually to point to resources and jar files.
Currently there is a bug in the uima AS code that prevents deployment of
more than one descriptor in the same jvm. I've discovered it while trying to
test such deployment.

Uima AS uses Spring to deploy its components. More specifically, Uima AS
generates a spring context file for each deployment descriptor. The
generated file contains a list of uima AS components that are to be deployed
into a Spring container.

The uima AS script <deployAsyncService> *does* support passing a list of
deployment descriptors. . It takes that list and runs dd2spring utility to
create a spring context file for each descriptor. The problem is that all
generated spring context files are then deployed into *one* Spring container
and some of the beans are singletons *not* meant to be shared across context
files. A change is needed to deploy each spring context file into a separate
spring container *or* find a way to prevent Spring from sharing singletons
across context files. I will add a jira for this.

Thanks, Jerry