uima-user mailing list archives

From Tong Fin <tong.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to start the CAS Editor?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 03:51:14 GMT
Kai,

2. Add the uimaj-ep-runtime plugin as plugin to your eclipse instance

>> Ok, but how? uimaj-ep-runtime also doesn't have a MANIFEST, and so can't
>> be exported as a plugin.
>> Do I have to build that first, too?
>> I didn't use Maven before, but now installed a Maven Eclipse Plugin
>> (m2eclipse).
>> Do I have to compile uimaj-ep-runtime with Maven.
>>

> I now tried to run Maven assembly:assembly from within Eclipse with the
> help of that Maven plugin.

I don't get your points why you need to build uimaj-ep-runtime plugin with
maven since it is available and is READY to use as Eclipse plugin.

Normally, users install these UIMA plug-ins in the same way as they install
other Eclipse plug-ins and they can write any Eclipse plug-in that uses UIMA
classes..

Please let us know if there is any issue that you cannot do in this way and
you have to build them with maven.

-- Tong