uima-user mailing list archives

From Tong Fin <tong.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA/Eclipse setup issues (My Solution)
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:50:05 GMT
Hi,
I would like to comment about "how to use UIMA jars in Eclipse" (NOT about
Maven).

The way Jay did by adding UIMA jars one by one in the Library Tab is "one
way" to solve the missing classes/jars problem. But, it is only applied for
the project that has the problem. You will "repeat" the same steps again and
again to solve the same problem for other projects.

The "better way" is to create a  "User Library" (as mentioned by Tomasso),
called for example UIMA_LIB (I prefer to use "different" name than
UIMA_HOME). When you need UIMA jars in any project, you add UIMA_LIB as a
library (so you save the steps to pick UIMA jars one by one).

If you expect to use UIMA jars in an Eclipse "plug-in" project, you will
need to add UIMA's runtime plug-in as a dependency to your plug-in project.

-- Tong