uima-user mailing list archives

From "Chavan, Girish" <chav...@upmc.edu>
Subject RE: Re: How to start the CAS Editor?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:00:33 GMT
Wow that sounds pretty much close to what we are trying to do. I'll take a look at you beta
once it is released and maybe we can find some synergies.

Our project (ODIE) has a demo. Version out here: http://bioontology.org/tools/ODIE.html

-Girish

_______________
Girish Chavan, MSIS
Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI)
University of Pittsburgh
UPMC Cancer Pavilion, 302D
5150 Centre Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA  15232
Office: 412-623-4084
Email: chavang@upmc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Kai Schlamp
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 5:17 AM
To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to start the CAS Editor?

> Would love to hear about your project and what do you want to do with
> the Cas Editor.

It's a biomedical text analysis platform. It is extensible by third partys with their analyzers
and
document importers. We use an own type system as everything is very graph centric.
At the moment we only present those annotations that are included in our type system. But
it would
be nice to have a feature to show all annotations of all analysis engines that were used.
But the problem with a simple integration of CAS Editor would be that our application only
exists of
views (no editors at all ... an no editors welcome ;-)). But we could perhaps integrate some
of the
code. Not sure about that yet as we have other priorities. E.g. releasing a first beta version
in
the upcoming weeks.