uima-user mailing list archives

From Baptiste Gaillard <b_gaill...@hotmail.com>
Subject Add Type extending uima.cas.ListBase
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:25:58 GMT

I'm currently trying to create a UIMA Type System Descriptor to perform some Unit Tests.
I'm using the UIMA Eclipse plugins. To do my tests I need to create a new Type for each (which
inherit from each) UIMA CAS Type ('uima.cas.xxx') with the Eclipse Type System Descriptor
Editor. Everything seems to be ok except for the 'uima.cas.ListBase' which generate Java classes
similar to those:

public class ListBase extends uima.cas.ListBase {

public class ListBase_Type extends uima.cas.ListBase_Type {

Ok, this should be OK but 'uima.cas.ListBase' and 'uima.cas.ListBase_Type' are not resolved/found
because the 'uima.cas' package isn't present in the uimaj-core.jar archive.

I'm not sure but it seems to be a bug, I see 3 hypothesis:
ListBase has been deleted from UIMA but has not been remove from the Eclipse Descriptor editor
The Eclipse Descriptor Editor has a bug and should generate a class which extends something
like 'org.apache.uima.jcas.cas.ListBase' and 'org.apache.uima.jcas.cas.ListBase_Type' instead
of 'uima.cas.ListBase' and 'uima.cas.ListBase_Type' ?
I'm missing something else...

What do you think about that ?

Vous voulez savoir ce que vous pouvez faire avec le nouveau Windows LiveĀ ? Lancez-vous !