uima-user mailing list archives

From "Jarman, Jay" <Jay.Jar...@va.gov>
Subject RE: UIMA/Eclipse setup issues (My Solution)
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:54:39 GMT
That's exactly what I was looking for.  So if I create my own
environment variable (UIMA_LIB) pointing to a folder with all the UIMA
jars, I need only point the package to that variable and it gets all the
jars without me assigning each one separately.  Is that correct?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tong Fin [mailto:tong.fin2@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:50 AM
To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: UIMA/Eclipse setup issues (My Solution)

Hi,
I would like to comment about "how to use UIMA jars in Eclipse" (NOT
about
Maven).

The way Jay did by adding UIMA jars one by one in the Library Tab is
"one
way" to solve the missing classes/jars problem. But, it is only applied
for
the project that has the problem. You will "repeat" the same steps again
and
again to solve the same problem for other projects.

The "better way" is to create a  "User Library" (as mentioned by
Tomasso),
called for example UIMA_LIB (I prefer to use "different" name than
UIMA_HOME). When you need UIMA jars in any project, you add UIMA_LIB as
library (so you save the steps to pick UIMA jars one by one).

If you expect to use UIMA jars in an Eclipse "plug-in" project, you will
need to add UIMA's runtime plug-in as a dependency to your plug-in
project.

-- Tong