uima-user mailing list archives

From Chengmin Ding <chengmin.d...@gmail.com>
Subject question about InterOP between Apache UIMA and Omnifind Annotators (CAS2JDBC)
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:43:25 GMT
Hello,

We have used the UIMA Adapter for IBM annotators and it worked for some of
our testing annotators.  However, when we tried it on cas2jdbc, we got the
following error:

We have a CPE pipeline and the CAS2JDBC is the only consumer/engine based on
IBM UIMA framework. We are using Apache UIMA 2.2 for the entire pipeline. We
were thinking this was caused by missing Omnifind specific annotator which
fills out the DocumentAnnotation or the omnifind specific
com.ibm.es.tt.DocumentMetaData feature structure (which contains documentid
etc features). We then added the base annotator from Omnifind
(OF_Tokenization.xml etc) and also wrapped it up with the adapter. But we
still got the same error. Our questions are:

1) Is the error indeed caused by missing some Omnifind specific annotator
that fills out the DocumentAnnotation feature structure?
2) Is there any way to further isolate the problem via any tools considering
we do not have the source code for cas2jdbc?
3) Can the IBM UIMA Adapter be used the same way to wrap regular annotator,
aggregated analysis engine and consumers ?
4) Does Apache UIMA have any plan to come up with a CAS2JDBC compatible db
consumer?

Thanks a lot!
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngineProcessException
at
com.ibm.uima.adapter.ibm.IBMAnalysisEngineWrapper.processAndOutputNewCASes(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AnalysisEngineImplBase.process(AnalysisEngineImplBase.java:218)
at
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.ProcessingUnit.processNext(ProcessingUnit.java:892)
at
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.ProcessingUnit.run(ProcessingUnit.java:577)
Caused by: com.ibm.uima.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngineProcessException: The
common analysis structure cannot be processed. See the previous exception
for details.
at
com.ibm.uima.reference_impl.analysis_engine.compatibility.CasConsumerAdapter.process(CasConsumerAdapter.java:93)
at
com.ibm.uima.reference_impl.analysis_engine.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.callAnalysisComponentProcess(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:392)
at
com.ibm.uima.reference_impl.analysis_engine.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.processAndOutputNewCASes(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:297)
at
com.ibm.uima.reference_impl.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngineImplBase.process(AnalysisEngineImplBase.java:218)
... 4 more
Caused by: com.ibm.uima.resource.ResourceProcessException: The common
analysis structure cannot be processed. See the previous exception for
details.
at
com.ibm.uima.consumer.cas2jdbc.utils.Cas2JdbcLogger.log_PROCESS_CAS__SEVERE(Unknown
Source)
at com.ibm.uima.consumer.cas2jdbc.Cas2Jdbc.processCas(Unknown Source)
at
com.ibm.uima.reference_impl.analysis_engine.compatibility.CasConsumerAdapter.process(CasConsumerAdapter.java:89)
... 7 more
Caused by: com.ibm.uima.resource.ResourceProcessException: The document's ID
cannot be parsed. See the previous exception for details.
at
com.ibm.uima.consumer.cas2jdbc.utils.Cas2JdbcLogger.log_BAD_DOCID__SEVERE(Unknown
Source)
at com.ibm.uima.consumer.cas2jdbc.Cas2Jdbc.parseDocID(Unknown Source)
... 9 more
... 10 more

-Chengmin