uima-user mailing list archives

From Roberto Franchini <ro.franch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regular expressions over UIMA annotations
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:34:59 GMT
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Ekaterina Buyko <
ekaterina.buyko@uni-jena.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am interested in using JAPE grammar or something with similar
> functionality in UIMA. Has anybody already experience in that?
> Thank you
We developed a bridge to use JAPE inside a UIMA pipeline.
It works, but I'm not very happy with it:
- low performance: mapping from uima to jape and then back to uima
genersates a lot of objects and a lot of GC cycles: if you are going to
analyze a lot of documents you can:
-- buy new HW
-- study the voodo to optimize  the JVM performance :)
- difficult to map a rich UIMA type sytem  to jape annotaions

If you want a can share my very-ugly code :)

The GATE team wrote a bridge but as far as I know it support the old
Text marker seems very interesting to me, I will take a deep look to it on
August .

Roberto Franchini
Tel +39-011-6600814