uima-user mailing list archives

From Roberto Franchini <ro.franch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple Rest Server
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:01:57 GMT
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Stergos D. Afantenos <
stergos.afantenos@univ-nantes.fr> wrote:

> Dear Roberto,

[cut]

> As a consequence all my web services now work without any problems.
> Since I have performed all the tests locally, all that I need to do
> now is to convince our server administrator that Tomcat should run by
> default without the security manager turned on ... wish me good luck
> !!

It happens.... file permissions .... chmod/chonw are your friends...

> In any case thanks a lot for your suggestion. For the moment the
> problem seems to have been solved, or more precisely it seems to have
> been shoveled under the rug.
>
> In case that I stumble over a better solution I will keep you informed.

If your sysadmin want to use the JSM I think you should try to configure the
security policy.
I think you can find a lot of material on the net .

I'm the sysadmin, so I can do what ever I  want on my servers :)
R.

--
Roberto Franchini
http://www.celi.it