uima-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to start the CAS Editor?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 10:02:37 GMT
Kai Schlamp wrote:
>> Would love to hear about your project and what do you want to do with
>> the Cas Editor.
>
> It's a biomedical text analysis platform. It is extensible by third
> partys with their analyzers and document importers. We use an own type
> system as everything is very graph centric.
> At the moment we only present those annotations that are included in
> our type system. But it would be nice to have a feature to show all
> annotations of all analysis engines that were used.
> But the problem with a simple integration of CAS Editor would be that
> our application only exists of views (no editors at all ... an no
> editors welcome ;-)). But we could perhaps integrate some of the code.
> Not sure about that yet as we have other priorities. E.g. releasing a
> first beta version in the upcoming weeks.
The difference between an editor and a view in eclipse is that an editor
can have
multiple instances, a view can only have one instance. Usually if you
have an application
which is working with some kind of document which can be opened you also
want be
able to open multiple documents at once.

The Cas Editor assumes that you open the CAS in an editor. If you don't
do that you cannot
reuse anything.

Though I do not understand why you don't want to use editors.

Jörn