uima-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to start the CAS Editor?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:00:58 GMT
Tong Fin wrote:

> I don't get your points why you need to build uimaj-ep-runtime plugin with
> maven since it is available and is READY to use as Eclipse plugin.
>
> Normally, users install these UIMA plug-ins in the same way as they install
> other Eclipse plug-ins and they can write any Eclipse plug-in that uses UIMA
> classes..
>
> Please let us know if there is any issue that you cannot do in this way and
> you have to build them with maven.

Only the 2.2.2 eclipse plugin is available pre-built.
If you checkout all the projects like its described on
our website, then you need to remove the java/pde natures
from the uimaj-ep-runtime project and install it manually
to the eclipse instance, which is annoying.

Or do you know how to use the uimaj-ep-runtime project
directly to start the other plugins from within eclipse ?

If the plugin does not get installed I always get lots of compiler errors.

Jörn