uima-user mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.jms.JMSException: acknowledgeMode SESSION_TRANSACTED cannot be used for an non-transacted Session
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:07:46 GMT
Jörn, I think you may have found a problem in our code that creates a
Session object via:

connection.createSession(false, 0);

The first problem is that we use hard coded value of 0 instead of
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE which
is what we intended. The second problem is the fact that 0 <<<IS NOT>>>
equal to Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE!
So this is a bug. Can you verify that changing 0 to Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE
fixes your problem.

I am still puzzled why we have not run into any problems with this sooner
but most likely Camel uses its
own configuration file for AMQ broker which is different from the AMQ broker
file we provide with Uima AS.

Jerry C

Eddie Epstein wrote:
> Is the AMQ broker different when running with runRemoteAsyncAE versus when
> running inside a camel component? Perhaps the camel broker is setup to
require
> transactional context, unlike the UIMA AS broker configuration. If
> this is it, try
> running a separate broker for UIMA AS.

Its the same AMQ broker. Do not you thing the call we do inside
the UIMA AS code is incorrect ?

connection.createSession(false, 0);

For me it looks like a conflict to say disable to transacted and enable
transacted the same time, don't you think so ?

Jörn