uima-user mailing list archives

From Frank Schilder <frank.schil...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject Re: Entities
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:50:03 GMT
Hi Tommaso,

We defined such a type called Element, but it is not a sub-type of
Annotation, because it doesn't contain any  begin and end offset
information. Moreover, it contains an attribute that refers back to  a list
of annotations where this element is mentioned in the text.

Terry Heinze, Marc Light and Frank Schilder (2008). Experiences with UIMA
for online information extraction at Thomson Corporation. In Proceedings or
the LREC workshop "Towards Enhanced Interoperability for large HLT systems:
UIMA for NLP, Marrakesh, Morocco.

The paper can be found in the proceedings:
http://www.lrec-conf.org/proceedings/lrec2008/workshops/W16_Proceedings.pdf

There are also slides available (go to slide 11 and 12):
http://watchtower.coling.uni-jena.de/~coling/uimaws_lrec2008/slides/marc_lig
ht.pdf

Thanks,
Frank