uima-user mailing list archives

From Tong Fin <tong....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there an example of a ResultSpecFile in the SimpleServer?
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 04:36:10 GMT
Loren,
I am not sure if I understand your problem.
Let me try.

In your web.xml, you define the DescriptorPath parameter. The value of this
parameter will tell the Simple Server how to find the Analysis Engine (in
your case, it is an aggregate) to be used as a service.
BUT, it is not enough since you need to tell Simple Server how to return the
"results" (that is a "mapping" from UIMA types to "your defined types").
This returned results are specified in an XML file (conforming to the XML
schema defined by Simple Server). In the web.xml, you will need to define
the ResultSpecFile parameter. For example:

    <init-param>
      <param-name>ResultSpecFile</param-name>

<param-value>path_to_your_ResultSpec_XML_File_relative_to_your_web_app</param-value>
    </init-param>

-- Tong

--
 Tong