uima-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject javax.jms.JMSException: acknowledgeMode SESSION_TRANSACTED cannot be used for an non-transacted Session
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:38:45 GMT
Hello,

I wrote a small Apache Camel UIMA AS driver component to send
a URI to my processing pipeline. It then uses the URI to retrieve
the actual CAS from a hbase database and after processing is
done the CAS is written back to hbase, like it is described in the
getting started.

I first created a small sample which worked fine for me,
but now always this exception is thrown:

javax.jms.JMSException: acknowledgeMode SESSION_TRANSACTED cannot be
used for an non-transacted Session
    at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.createSession(ActiveMQConnection.java:300)
    at
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.ActiveMQMessageSender.initializeProducer(ActiveMQMessageSender.java:61)
    at
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.BaseMessageSender.run(BaseMessageSender.java:141)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

In my eyes the cause for the exception is this call in ActiveMQMessageSender
line 61: session = connection.createSession(false, 0);

We try to create a transcated session (thats what 0 stands for) and set
transacted to false,
which is invalid usage of the API, right ? The same call can be found in
the trunk version
of that class.

I really wonder why it worked first for me, but breaks now.

Jörn