uima-user mailing list archives

From Adam Lally <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Instatiate an aggregate AE having reference to a UriSpecifier
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:20:44 GMT
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Baptiste Gaillard
<b_gaillard@hotmail.com> wrote:
> org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: The Resource Factory does not
know how to create a resource of class org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngine from
the given ResourceSpecifier. (Descriptor: file:/D:/workspace_npf/component/desc/B.xml)
>    at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:261)
>    at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFramework.java:352)
> <snip/>
> So this error indicate that UIMA can't find the a ResourceFactory to create an AnalysisEngine
from a <uriSpecifier>....</uriSpecifier> descriptor.
> What is the problem in the source code ? I think i've missed a step because this Aggregate
AE is working in a CPE.

I suggest checking to make sure that uima_adapter_vinci.jar is in your
classpath.  Usually that's the cause of this error message.
  -Adam