uima-user mailing list archives

From "Saito, ISAO Isaac" <1...@lateeye.net>
Subject Re: Cannot upload .pear to UIMA repository (WAS: Re: UIMA repsotory)
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 20:11:56 GMT
Eric,

thanks for the immediate response.
It seems I still have some trouble though I fixed what you pointed out.
I'll try fixing using Pear installer as you mentioned.

Regards,
Isao

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Eric Riebling <er1k@cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
> It appears as though there may be a missing type system descriptor.  I checked
> the logs of the UCR as well as using the submitted PEAR file with the UIMA
> PearInstaller, and got messages:
>
> Verification of NeUshi failed =>
>  org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Import failed.  Could not
read from URL file:/C:/Documents and Settings/er1k/Desktop/uima_appframework/componentdesc/AbsNeTypeSystemDescriptor.xml.
(Descriptor: file:/C:/Documents and Settings/er1k/Desktop/NeUshi/desc/MeCab-SenTypeSystemDescriptor.xml)

> So the specific issue appears to me as a missing file:
> "desc/AbsNeTypeSystemDescriptor.xml"
>
> Sorry the UCR is not better at reporting the specifics of the error when it
> validates using PearInstaller, or you would be able to see this message
> sooner.  It is recommended to make sure submitted PEARS validate by using
> PearInstaller before submitting them to UCR.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> -eric
>
> Saito, ISAO Isaac wrote:
>> # I update the subject
>>
>> I have a similar phonomena with the one reported in the old thread.
>> After I submit the .pear at "Publish a Component" page, component
>> verification begins but
>> red text saying "An error occurred publishing the component" comes up.
>>
>> Does anybody have an idea?
>> # I'm using Google Code to publish codes and any other infos, but I'd
>> just like to contribute to UIMA community...
>>
>> My .pear is here:
>> http://ne-ushi.googlecode.com/files/neUshi.pear
>>
>> Environment:
>> Mac OS X 10.5
>> Eclipse 3.4.1
>> JRE 1.5
>> UIMA SDK 2.2.2
>> Firefox 3.0.5 / Safari 3.2.1
>>
>> Regards,
>> Isao
>> - ---   - ---   - ---   - ---
>> (Mr.) Saito, Isao Isaac
>> Student at Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering
>> University of Texas at Arlington
>> Autonomous Vehicles Laboratory (AVL)
>> - ---   - ---   - ---   - ---
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:22 AM,  <omasutani@d-itlab.co.jp> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Thank you for your advise.
>>>
>>> When I used PearInstaller an error with yours came.
>>> But I found the result folder structure seemed to be correct.
>>> I thought the JTextAnnotator_ImplBase:initialize() method isn't called when the
TAE is installed.
>>> Without this environment check code in initialize(), the PearInstaller process
successed.

>>> But I haven't succeeded to upload my PEAR without env checkcode to UCR yet.
>>> The site shows no response (same with PEAR w/env checkcode).
>>> I'll send you PEAR w/o env checkcode soon.
>>>
>>> And I wonder why description on setenv.txt doesn't work during PEAR install.
>>> If setting of environmental variables in setenv.txt is done after AE checking
process (that calls AE:initialize()), I shouldn't use environmental variables in initialize().
Instead of initialize() should I use other overridden method ?

>>> And is it possible to detect the context TAE init is called by whether PEAR installing
or not?

>>> (株)デンソーアイティーラボラトリ
>>>  増谷 修 (Osamu MASUTANI)
>>>  E-mail: omasutani@d-itlab.co.jp

annotator class "jp.co.ditlab.scn.common.uima.SenAnnotator" failed.  (Descriptor: file:/C:/Program
Files/apache-uima/UIMASenWrapper/desc/aeDescriptor.xml)