uima-user mailing list archives

From "Tong Fin" <tong....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CAS Viewer
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 16:49:42 GMT
 Hi Peter,

Beside that the plugin should work with any kind of textual artifacts in the
> XMI since a plain text page is also provided (a typesystem in the same
> directory is required).

The installation is very helpful. By following the instruction, the plug-in
works at the first place and it can open my xmiCAS without any problem.

> You can also simply create a XMI with an HTML artifact (the HTML should be
> as welformed as possible).

When processing input files that contain HTML tags, most of annotators  will
"clean-up" the HTML tags before doing any further processing. As the result
of that, the xmiCAS doesn't contain the original HTML text anymore.
I think the most useful feature of your plug-in is its capability to allow
users to edit the xmiCAS in the browser window similar to editing the HTML
page with an HTML Editor (Please corect me if I am wrong).

Having some xmiCAS samples will help us to understand the plug-in's
capability.

Regards,
Tong