uima-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Wendt <matthias.we...@neofonie.de>
Subject Re: Representing parse trees in the CAS
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:11:17 GMT
Hi,

storing pointers to the subconstituents (top down) might be an
alternative - which is quite straightforward. However, if you don't plan
to disambiguate the tree there may be sets of pointers.
There is also a second alternative that works without saving the
pointers in the feature structures at all: the method tree
<http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/api/org/apache/uima/cas/text/AnnotationIndex.html#tree%28org.apache.uima.cas.text.AnnotationFS%29>

in the AnnotationIndex. However, care has to be taken in order to avoid
endless recursion (in case of multiple annotations having the same span)
here. To achieve this consult the reference manual
<http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/references/references.html>

about type priorities.

I would be glad to hear, what solution you chose
Good luck
Matthias

--
--------------------------------